Looking for Tyre recommendations for Disco 2 with 18inch rims

Hi

It's come to that time again. I need some tyres on my Disco 2 TD5. It's running on 18 inch hurricanes rims with Goodyear Wrangler HP's on the back and General Grabber UHP's on the front.

I like the way it goes on the wranglers, ,but the GG UHP's make it a little squirrelly!

Wranglers to suit (255/55 R18) are about £145 a piece at the moment, but Camskill have cheaper alternatives.

Toyo Open Country are about £123 a piece and I really enjoyed the Toyo proxes on my old Audi.

Grabbers are about £111, but i reckon they wear faster than the Wranglers anyway, so probably end up costing about the same on a per mile basis.

What would you guys recommend? What should I steer clear of?

Cheers

Justin

Reply to
Justin Bell

I've just put a set of Pirelli Scorpion STR in 255/55R18 on my DII. =A3550 inc VAT fitted from the dealers in Carlisle. Oddly the dealers are competative on tyre prices.

I've had them before they wear well, 30,000+ miles from a set when rotated every service and are pretty good on snow. Not quite as good as the set of Veredstien Wintrac's I have but then the Wintracs are a proper winter tyre.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice