lpg question

Evening everyone, I've just fitted a second hand GMS lpg kit to my

2.25 series 3 Land Rover, and its running fine on gas, but with the mixer in place will not run under load on petrol unless the chokes pulled right out, any ideas? does any one have any pdf instructions for this make? thanks Patrick
Reply to
patrick

Just a thought, float chamber not full? When you switch to petrol what restores the fuel flow, if at all?

Reply to
GbH

Hello GbH engine runs fine at a stand still at all revs just under load it wont run correctly . have hand pumped petrol to make certain float is full. with mixer out it runs fine.

Reply to
patrick

If the problem is only under load when there is a higher demand for fuel and the jets ( float and main carb) are squeaky clean I would suspect a wee tear in the carb piston skirt allowing air to bleed in and lean out the mixture always worth checking as it costs nowt. OTO I had a Hunter behaving like that but in that case it was a leaky mechanical fuel pump it ran beautifully below 35mph soon as the demand for fuel ( hill loud pedal etc) went up it bled air in through a porous membrane and emptied the float chamber - the bugger was as an auto the engine cut out but kept turning and as the car slowed the float chamber filled ........................................... Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hi Derek, problems just started since lpg fitting though. it has to be related to that. Patrick

Reply to
patrick

Did you alter the timing for the gas?

Reply to