LWB vs SWB

I am thinking of buying a Land Rover and would appreciate any advice, opinions as my main aim is to keep the running costs as low as possible.

Between a LWB and a SWB stationwagon :

  1. Is there much difference in mpg?
  2. Is there much difference in cost of insurance?

If I bought an older road tax exempt model I would save on the road tax but would I be paying out more for fuel than a newer, more fuel efficient model ( the newer one being pre-2001 to save on the more expensive road tax)?

Reply to
sarah

Not a great deal

LWB is often 1 group higher than SWB

Expect 22mpg tops from a tax exempt 2.25 petrol in good order.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

SWB are slightly better off-road having greater clearance. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB