Michelin XCL's

Are they radials ?

What are they like for road and mud ?

Army seem to like them but is that because they are cheap?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Yes.

Off-road, very good. On-road, bloody lethal.

I had a set on Nobby (Series III LWB) - that was bad enough - the thought of having a set on Dennis (110) scares the hell out of me!

The army had a phase on them - but then they doen't drive "normally" as a rule, so the on-road performance isn't so crucial.

They ain't cheap (or weren't when flavour of the month) - something around £140 was the list price.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

There's an awful lot of tosh spoken about tyres, especially by tyre fitters, but one said fairly recently to me that the military often go for tyres that are made of compounds that don't age as quickly as consumer-grade tyres, so it's not unusual to find 10-year-old tyres on a military truck that are perfectly OK to use.

Still hasn't stopped me getting new ones though as I'd rather not believe that!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Off road, bloody fantastic. On road, noisy, and a bit slippery in the wet.

I had them on my 109, and I used to get great power slides around a particular roundabout in Nottingham in 2WD (power off or hit the yellow knob to leave the roundabout)

On the TD 110 I had, no problem (the engine drowned out the noise), and the only problem (apart from the noise) on the V8 was the speed rating -

120km/h is 10 below motorway speeds here.

the thought of having a set on Dennis (110)

I got mine £80 part worn (hardly used in fact) but don't remeber where.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray