I thought Pinz's were sposed to be good.

The tyres just weren't big enough. Ian.... they need your advice! ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Oily came up with the following;:

Surely if the truck 'sunk' as the article says, it wasn't big tyres that were needed ... it was a friggin' boat!

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Good, but not amphibious! I had someone ask me if it was a stalwart once, it seems the angled front makes people think it's a boat. Seems the soldiers got fooled too ;-)

Apparently they do float for about 5 mins though, they should have broke out the paddles. It probably wouldn't take much to make them swim, the Volvo C303 can be modified to do it and the bodies of both are very similar, the pinz drivetrain is already airtight apart from the gearbox. Ideally you want the drivetrain lightly pressurised which can be done quite easily, 2 PSI or so.

Then just stick a sail out the antenna mount on the driver's cab and bob's your uncle ;-)

No I am not volunteering!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

My new tyres are about an inch or two larger than the originals, mostly down to the worn tread on the old ones! I've seen one with big swamp tyres on it, I'd hate to try and steer it without power steering. I think the pic was on Martyn's site, some trip to iceland.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

More speed! Make it aquaplane ;-)

Reply to