Misty spotlamps

I've just fitted a pair of Wipac 8 inch spotlamps (they have 100w bulbs fitted as standard). When I turned them on for the first time I noticed the inside of the glass lens has somehow misted up so the lamps now have a foggy appearance. It's not water vapour so hasn't evaporated off. Hard to clean them as the only access to the inside of the glass is through the hole where the bulb fits. Anyone have any idea what caused this, and how to clean them? They're brand new but now look years old :(

Alan

'98 4.6 HSE RR '88 3.5 RRC '74 109 Series III

Reply to
alan.cutler

yeah , get some cotton wadding, wrap a welding rod or wire cat hanger around it and stuff it thru the bulb hole, carefull wipe away the mess. job done.

as for what causes it ,,,,,,,,,,,dunno.

regards

andy

Reply to
andy

so andy was, like...

:-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

lol,

it was late........

plastic cat hangers arent as good...

andy

Reply to
andy

I've been told by a mate that is an engineer at Hella that swishing some metho around in there will do the trick. Haven't tried it myself...

Cheers, Clax.

Reply to
Clax