Range Rover 4.6 Heated front screen

Just busted my front windscreen (Range Rover '98 4.6 HSE) :( No major problem, huge stone came flying at me, don't know where from and the screen did a good job of keeping it out the car, but sacrificed itself in the process! Autoglass have fitted a replacement, did a neat job, insurance co picked up the tab. BUT now I don't think the heater elements are working. Not had any frost since, annoyingly, but have misted up on the inside when parked up, and turning on the heater didn't clear it. Anyone know whereabouts the feed wires are to the front screen and how to get at them? The LED lights above the button, but that doesn't prove power is getting to the elements. Also any idea what sort of resistance I should be looking at across the screen? I'm guessing fairly low, 5-10 ohms ish? Alan C

'98 Range Rover 4.6 HSE '75 109 SIII

Reply to
cutlea01

Much lower - the screen draws about 40 amps - so you're looking at about 1/4 (0.25) Ohm resistance.

Start the car, let it idle (tickover), put on the headlamps and then switch on the screen - you should see the lights dim a little and the engine will either tickover a little faster or stay the same, but be working a bit harder.

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

I'd just call auto glass and let them sort it out!

MC

Reply to
Mark C.

I'd try it with the lights on first, in case it is working. He's going to look a bit of a fool if they turn up and there's nothing wrong!

Reply to
Simon Atkinson