Moist floor carpeting on Pass, side of '99 Disco_What might it be?Plz read in...

I have discovered lately that the passenger side floor carpets have been somewhat wet during this recent fall/winter wet season. I have even found moisture in the rear cargo carpeting but am not sure if it is related.

My '99 Disco has no sunroofs. I have noticed a slight staining on the rear cargo inner wall lining just rear of the pass side pannier that I assume may be a breach of the seal around the rear roof rack or maybe the alpine window.

I can't imagine this minor leak could have anything to do with the front compartment moisture.

Could the moisture on flooring in front and rear pass compartments be a heater coil problem (and if so how could it reach the rear pass compartment)?

Any ideas would be appreciated as the constant fogging of windows is getting quite annoying, and the typical Canada west coast weather will not allow a reprieve for some time.

TIA

Reply to
dagnabit

...and snipped-for-privacy@Slew.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Do you have air conditioning? There is a tube which is suppoed to take the excess moisture produced by the aircon down past the footwells and exits underneath. If this tube gets blocked (very common) the water backs up and leaks into the footwells. Get underneath with a bit of wire and poke it clear (expect some dirty water in your eye as you do this). The tube can be hard to spot - it's a rubber tube about 6mm diameter, and exits through the floor just to the side of the gearbox. Torch essential.

I can't say about the moisture in the rear, but I doubt if it's related. Perhaps get someone to sit inside while you make with a high-pressure hose from the outside.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I reckon he's just going round corners too fast. It's probably related to the whining noise at speed that so many of us get.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Thanks Richard....I do have air con and will try and find a dry moment to crawl underneath and try that dirty deed! Fingers crossed and will keep ya posted!

Reply to
Dagnabit

Well....I crawled underneath and found the tube and just touched it and....Splooooosh....about a cup of (actually fairly clean) water came a gushin' out!What a relief that it wasn't something more serious!

just put an electric heater in the cabin and will try and expedite the drying process.

Thanks for the tip....it is very much appreciated...and have a Merry Christmas if you celebrate it.

Reply to
Dagnabit

...and snipped-for-privacy@Slew.com spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

No worries. I do, and I will (in an inclusive and non-denominational way, of course).

Glad to help. Cheers.

Merry Christmas to you too.

Reply to
Richard Brookman