More from Youtube (OT)

If they use a 6" nail they can drain all the cra*p from your brian too!

Reply to
GbH

|| Richard Brookman wrote: ||| TonyB wrote: ||| |||||| Yes, I'm sure it's the control thing. I'm a lousy car passenger |||||| too. There are very few drivers I am totally relaxed with. I |||||| tend to weigh them up in the first couple of miles and then |||||| either fall asleep or spend the rest of the journey pumping hell |||||| out of the passenger footwell with my right foot. ||||| ||||| ||||| OT I know, but what was this 4" nail Rich? A grommet for a sinus ||||| problem? TonyB ||| ||| More or less. Typical LR build quality - sinuses should have a ||| drain hole near the bottom to drain out the accumulated gunk, but ||| mine were installed at the top. Friday afternoon job, probably. I ||| suffered for 40+ years from blocked nose, infections, catarrh etc. ||| Finally my Dr sent me for an x-ray and they found the problem. The ||| operation was called a bilateral nasal antrostomy (or some such) ||| but the Dr explained later it was merely a matter of inserting a 4" ||| nail in each nostril and banging it upwards with a hammer once or ||| twice to create the required hole. Thoroughly vile procedure, but ||| when I came out I could breathe through my nose for the first time ||| in my life, and haven't had a problem there since. || || If they use a 6" nail they can drain all the cra*p from your brian || too!

And a 12" would let out all the hot air too.

4" was bad enough. Trust me on this.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

I thought so Rich. It's called an Atos Sinovent and I introduced them into the UK in the early nineties. Made in Sweden from memory.

They should have sprayed your nose with a local anaesthetic first but you can still feel the tapping of course. It leaves behind a little rubber grommet, just like LR grommets!

This is the company and the procedure was similar to that shown but this seems to be the automated version for washout rather than the hammer and tube system used to put the grommet in.

I even had a video of the procedure - I may still have it at work!

It's really nice to know all that hard work helped someone. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

There has to be an "A tap on the head" punchline in here somewhere..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

|| Thoroughly vile procedure, but ||| when I came out I could breathe through my nose for the first time ||| in my life, and haven't had a problem there since. || || I thought so Rich. || It's called an Atos Sinovent and I introduced them into the UK in the || early nineties. Made in Sweden from memory. || || They should have sprayed your nose with a local anaesthetic first || but you can still feel the tapping of course. It leaves behind a || little rubber || grommet, just like LR grommets! || || This is the company and the procedure was similar to that shown but || this seems to be the automated version || for washout rather than the hammer and tube system used to put the || grommet in. ||

Errr ... at the risk of seeming ungrateful, there was no grommet put in - it was just an 'ole bashed with a sharp instrument and left to its own devices, or at least that was what I was told. It would be about 1993 or so. And it was done under a general - no option!

Still OK after 16 years!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| On 2006-10-07, TonyB wrote: || ||| It's called an Atos Sinovent and I introduced them into the UK in ||| the early nineties. Made in Sweden from memory. || || There has to be an "A tap on the head" punchline in here somewhere.. || || -- || Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

That's funny, but don't faucet.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I'll pipe down before we sink too far!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Debatable?

Reply to
GbH

GbH wrote:

|| Richard Brookman wrote: ||| TonyB wrote: ||| ||||| Thoroughly vile procedure, but |||||| when I came out I could breathe through my nose for the first |||||| time in my life, and haven't had a problem there since. ||||| ||||| I thought so Rich. ||||| It's called an Atos Sinovent and I introduced them into the UK in ||||| the early nineties. Made in Sweden from memory. ||||| ||||| They should have sprayed your nose with a local anaesthetic first ||||| but you can still feel the tapping of course. It leaves behind a ||||| little rubber ||||| grommet, just like LR grommets! ||||| ||||| This is the company and the procedure was similar to that shown ||||| but this seems to be the automated version ||||| for washout rather than the hammer and tube system used to put the ||||| grommet in. |||||

> [...]

Always debatable. Ask my "significant other".

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| On 2006-10-07, Richard Brookman || wrote: || |||| There has to be an "A tap on the head" punchline in here |||| somewhere.. ||| ||| That's funny, but don't faucet. || || I'll pipe down before we sink too far!

Water weak reply.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Tony Hi,

I will be at Oropos where my house is.

38.1933,06 N 23.4907,66 E

Will be sending you Juan's phone number by direct e-mail.

Take care and have fun (hope the heavy rainfall yesterday at night did not create a problem with your trip)

Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos