muddied waters

Thats a crucial difference I think, screen resolutions are no where near that of good sharp print. The fine lines and serifs disappear or blur on screen, maybe creating strange colour fringes etc. I see the latter effect on visited links on Richards pages.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Agreed, they all be working with files "hosted" either on their own PC or over a 100Mbps network. I can see the difference between my site across the 100Mbps LAN and my site when pulled over the internet and

512kbps broadband, even more so over 64k ISDN.

I do keep dialup users in mind and keep filesizes sensible, all photos are resized to 320x240 and compressed down to 20k. The main webcam image is 640x480 but that rarely gets above 50k.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Or attack them with the GIF animation part of PaintShop Pro... They only have two frames, one with indicator on one with indicator off. I might have a play if I get the chance...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I fixed this problem for Richard in March of this year.

See:

I'm surprised he didn't use the images I offered then, Although I don't have them anymore I could still re-do them if necessary.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

I thought someone had but as the problem was still there...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I wasn't aware you had!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You have mail. Works here at least under Mozilla...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice
[snip]

Perhaps you didn't read the complete thread (BeamEnds - Shameless Plug) in March, at the time I provided a link to the fixed versions held on my website.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

I see you have fixed it ;)