My cruise control has stopped working,

any suggestions? Check the cruise control vacuum hoses, it is likely that one of them has split

Can any one point me in the direction of such hoses location on engine etc?

regards ash

Reply to
ash b

when the cruise stopped working on our disco it was the vacuum hose on the actuator had split. cut 1 inch off and all was well Richard

Reply to
Richard

unfortunately, i didn't know about the split hose until after taking it to the dealer who charged me $35 to fix it. several months later it happened again, this time i knew better!!

Reply to
Wick Barfield

Try using the accellerator pedal instead.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

First thing to check, have you got a blown brake light bulb??

Cruise controlls are wired to pick up power from the brake light circuit, and have a referance to earth on the open side of the brake light switch, basicaly the cruise controll wont engage if it dosent recieve 12 volts from one side of the brake light switch, and earth from the other side.. indicating that the bulbs are intact,

If the bulbs blow (some systems are more sensative than others, so some need just one bulb, or even some corrosion on the contacts to prevent it working) then the cruise controll wont engage in the first place, it's a safety thing, you need to have power to the brake light switch, and the bulbs need to work, indicating that the system can disengage when you press the pedal,

Likewise, the clutch pedal switch if fitted needs to be working before the system will work, same with the speed sensor, engine rev sensor etc,

everything needs to be working just right before it will allow the system to turn on, if it turns on, then start looking at the actual controll actuators etc, but check the obviouse first.. fuses.. even one that seems unrelated to cruis controll could be supplying a signal to the cruise controll module, and with out all the signals, no cruise controll :)

Reply to
CampinGazz