Discovery SE Cruise Control stopped working

Hi group

I have a 95 300Tdi SE Auto with cruise control

The cc has ceased to work, the light comes on when I switch it on but when I attempt to SET a cruise speed the cc does not appear to make any attempt to take control.

The under dash fuse appears OK, the vacuum pipe from the brake servo to the gadget on the right wing seems OK.

The ABS and speedo work fine.

Can anybody give me any pointers as to where and what to check out.

Regards,

Julian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 23 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
toad

I have exactly the same probelm on the 96 300Tdi SE Auto I just bought.

Also, the rev counter is not working.

Could the two be connected?

Any help appreciated!

Regards,

Dave

Reply to
tiscali

The info you need is on the Disco WSM at the foot of the page

looking through the manual -page 335 onwards it seems the ECU needs input from a sensor on the transfer box for road speed, engine speed presume thats the REV counter feed from the alternator ( on Peggy the V8 RRC I knocked the lead off as a matter of course until I replaced the spade terminal ) plus the switches on clutch and brake. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Hi Derek,

thanks for the pointer, I missed that in the WSM, looks like a pig to diagnose whats ceased working though. I havnt been offroading but I have been through some deep (18") water recently in the floods.

I will have a poke around under the beastie when I have some more time.

Julian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 23 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
toad

Yeah thanks I suspect the speed sensor or the cable to it now.

If you need any cruise control parts you can get them from Rimmer Bros.

tiscali

Check the stop lights too. We had one at work with cruise no-go, turns out that all three stop lights were blown and BECM had sensed this and was not enabling the cruise module.

-Craig.

toad wrote:

Craig

No Dave. They are independent of one another.

As for the Tach it usually a shoddy wire connection at the alt. It is a spade connection to the terminal.

And the vacuum lines need checking/replacement even if they seem to be in good working sorts. 1 split in the vacuum lines anywhere along the run can cause these issues.

Reply to
Jack