NERC madness

Had a few spare minutes this afternoon so popped along to the council offices to have a look at the Definitive map post NERC.

After my initial 2 hours in there i have found out the following:

Not even the ROW person knew exactly what is going on!.

Basically if it was a RUPP forget it, you ain't supposed to drive it.

If it's marked on the Def map as a RUPP and is on the List of Streets as a UCR, then best to stay away for the time being. DEFRA is putting together guidence with regard to this.

I showed ROW officer my marked up map and pointed to a Other route with public access (ORPA, normally white road with red dots on) and asked if i could drive on these. "Couldn't see a problem with that as these are CLass 5 roads and can be driven, but if it's marked as a RUPP on the Def map then best to stay away".

Was told that post NERC there are 36 miles of tracks that can legally be driven in my area (Glos).

So what now, do i:

Wait until DEFRA get their fingers out and decide if duel status lanes can be used. Spend more time pouring over the Def map (the boss is going to love me). Drive the ORPA's and hope for the best.

Or rip the number plates off the Disco, smash the windows and headlights, grab some mates and go and rip up a field for no reason and then set fire to the car. Wouldn't get arrested for that............

Well done Government, you really f****d it up this time

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

ISTR that there's some provision in the bill to defend yourself against being caught on a RUPP if the use of the RUPP has been predominantly used by vehicles. I'd not like to be the chap on the test case though as there's more ambiguity in it than you can shake a truncheon at.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Just an ordinary day at the office (or grace-and-favour residence) for this lot then.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

By a tractor whose gonna know :)

Reply to
Larry

Larry uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Oooo I knew that Fergie would come in handy! Nice one Larry!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D