Heater O rings odd one!

Before I got the engine sorted (head gaskets, but only water to air!) it leaked from the heater o rings. Now, it doesn't at all, not even a drop. The mechanic who did the gaskets etc reckons they may have reseated after being disturbed by me dropping a damper on the pipes in the engine bay & then moved by him doing the heads???

Anyway, I'll be shagged daft if I'm ripping the car apart until they leak again! There are loads more jobs to do first now!!

Did 500 miles to London & back today & it didn't use a drop of water & it was very warm (22deg) in London in standing traffic for ages. I got home & didn't feel like I had spent 10 hours driving in one day - surely the sign of a great car!

Nige

--

Subaru WRX Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

We might be going on a summer holiday, the Greece Ball rally!!!!

Reply to
Nige

|| Did 500 miles to London & back today & it didn't use a drop of water || & it was very warm (22deg) in London in standing traffic for ages. I || got home & didn't feel like I had spent 10 hours driving in one day || - surely the sign of a great car!

Yup. I always reckoned that 500 miles in a P38 was like 50 in any other car.

And 500 yards in the Series 2.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

"500 yards in the Series 2". LOL I always said thats why Rangies had such a following , even queueing in traffic was not half so tedious in a V8. I was a bugger for blipping the throttle to make her rock. Sitting in a mobile gentlemans club in a leather armchair soothed by prog rock with the aircon set to pleasant while the rest are frying in tin boxes listening to Chris Moyles takes an awful lot of beating . I am getting a similar warm feeling for the Disco even without the creature comforts. Derek

Reply to
Derek

I'll leave the prog rock thing!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

You must be joking, 22 deg warm? It is mid winter, well near enough , and we regularly top 22 daytime temps. I think getting towards 40 is very warm.

This must be why we seem to have more issues with TDi's than seems to be the case elsewhere.

Cheers Stephen in Sunny South Africa.

Reply to
fanie

It's been freezing here mate!!!