Never ending story of rot continues

Took out the load are mats this morning (only water traps anyway) and discover the usual electrolytic rot, so out comes the hammer to frighten off the worst bits.

This is one area where I think fibreglass, or hardboard or best of all plywood would be a better solution (to all the floors for that matter) than aluminium, anything but aluminium, you would think there would be a better way to fix aluminium to steel with something inbetween.

Anyway I will leave it for now as I will have difficulty removing all the bolts to get the floor off, but when I do it will give me access to the top of the chassis, and then I think I will seriosly consider the plywood option fire hazards notwithstanding.. (gotta be cheaper hasn't it. But it will all have to wait till summer.

Reply to
Larry

I've never experienced the land rover problem but a few years back when I was constructing an aluminium body on a steel frame I used a non-acetic (neutral) silicone sealant between the aluminium and the steel and most importantly used Monel fixings (an alloy) pecs below.

MONEL

CAS N/A

Melting Point °C 1320

Density G/Cm3 8.84