Chequer plate again.

No heavier than a cartload of chequerplate stuck all over the outside though. I have lost some weight with getting rid of the two seat frames,

Reply to
Larry

I have found a local company who can cut and fabricate it to order.

I have decided, shiny or not that I shall face the furnishings in my camper with chequerplate, not the conventional plywood, it will be interesting and more secure :)

Might be tempted to see if one of the comics is interested when I am done. Mind you cost of this is that I will have to abandon the idea of custom upholstery and lern how to sew it up myself.

Reply to
Larry

Anywhere in Kent by chamce ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

Rugby and they are moving to Coventry soon.

Reply to
Larry

Hmmm, it will also be cold to the touch, awkward to keep clean and painful if you fall against it.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Well you would have to roll around on the floor to fall against the base of the seat which will be boxed in with chequerplate, mostly as a security thing and then on the other side you are so close to the sink unit you are not going to have room to fall, this is all very compact. The cooker will be portable and live in a locked steel box when not in use. Anyway considering that I need room to put the generator in the back when travelling chequer plate is going to stand up to knocks better than wafer thin plywood.

Reply to
Larry

Anyway considering

Agreed on that point. I've tended to avoid wafer thin ply as well ;-)

Steve aka Miserableolgit

Reply to
AN6530

Larry wrote: ....travelling chequer

be 'kin heavier though ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

It's expensive too.... unless you manage some second hand from a salvage dealer.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D