Newbie outing, RR computer question, too...

Hi all !

I'm the proud owner of an 'old' Range Rover 2.5 TD born in 1995. It has

100,000km (roughly 62,000 m), and is still in good shape. That is, of you do not count the ventilation system that had to be replaced, the new gearbox, and the funny messages that the onboard computer sends. Is it something I can do about this computer bugs ? (and since the alternator is brand new, I just don't get how it could be defective...) Despite all of that, I just love it, maybe because the very first car I got into was my father's Range Rover, or because it's a gift from my wife. Anyway. We are expecting our first child in September/October, and I saw that the New Discovery will be for sale (and hopefully on sale) around that time. Since my wife doesn't want to drive the Range (the direction is not that straight on old cars... she prefers her Mégane. pfft. ), I thought that could be a good and 'less expensive' idea to buy the Disco 3 instead of a new RR. (and you know how much room a newborn needs ! ).

Greetings from France,

-- Henry! Q. Why do some bands even have bass players? A. To translate for the drummer.

Reply to
Henry!

I may have misunderstood, but if the steering is a little imprecise, it may be some minor mechanical fault. One of the joints in the linkages may be worn. It's something to check, and it is something that you might not notice, as the usual driver, until things get really bad.

Reply to
David G. Bell