News.Individual.NET

Hi all,

Don't know if everyone is aware of this but if you use the News.Individual.NET server from the 1st April it will no longer be free.

See

for more details. Could be an early April fool joke??

-----------

Update on the Discovery problem. Still having the same trouble with the compression blowback into the turbo (oil contamination) Maybe, just maybe, might have found the cause after many hours messing about. The valve (tappet) oil seals have gone. They no lnoger stay put where they should be, but travel up and down the shaft of the valve! Hoping to get this done on Saturday and will update then.

All the best all

Tim Cornwall UK

Reply to
Tim

"Tim" wrote

10 Euro's which is £6.87 today for 12 months, sounds worth it to me.
Reply to
Bob Hobden

Hmm, thats all of 3 pints....hardly breaks the bank...definitely sounds worth it to me

Reply to
Chris Naylor

This year, 25 Euros next, 50 the year after......

It's called the thin end of the wedge.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

From the discussion in comp.sys.acor.misc it would seem not :-(

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

On or around Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:36:34 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

well, are you prepared to invest in the required amount of bandwidth, processing power and storage to operate a free netnews service, all out of the goodness of your heart, and then maintain it 24/7 (pretty much - I've very rarely seen significant outages from cis.dfn, they do a pretty good job IMHO), also OOTGOYH?

I know I wouldn't. I'm grateful that they've done it for so long, and provided the fees don't get to be more'n about a pint a month, I'll keep with 'em if the service stays good.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Are there any decent free alternatives?

Can't say i'd object too much to paying since this news feed seems pretty good!

Reply to
Tom Woods