O.T. Broadband provider.

Hi.....We are looking at getting broadband. Any suggestions on a supplier?

Tesco seems quite cheap.

Thanks

Jim & Carol R

Reply to
Jim Roberts

Pipex are ok.

Reply to
Nige

I use Nildram.co.uk, not the cheapest but consistently the fastest and with good customer service. Also your contract only locks you in for a month. So if you don't like their service, you don't have to stay with them for a further 11 months until the contract runs out.

If you haven't already got a Broadband modem yet, I suggest you get the "Router" not the USB type. The routers connect to your network (LAN) port and usually support up to 4 PCs sharing the same broadband connection. Network connected routers are a doddle to set up and require no drivers, so it won't matter what system software you running. Just plug it in, follow the simple setup instructions and Robert's your father's brother. If you don't have a network connection on your PC - get one! The time and aggro saved trying to get the right USB drivers to work properly, will be more than compensate for the cost (about a tenner) and labour involved in installing a network card.

[Ebuyer.co.uk PCI 10/100 Network Card Retail Box - Product code:42061 £3.24]

Regards Martyn Cottrell

Reply to
Martyn Cottrell

May I suggest posting this to:

alt.internet.providers.uk

where you will probably be directed toward:

HTH

Reply to
Mother

In message , Martyn Cottrell writes

I was going to switch to Nildram about a year ago but their news feed didn't seem to be very good according to the comments in their user support group. What's it like now? A year on I'm still with Demon. Their POP3 mail service was awful then but it's OK now and their Broadband service has been very reliable.

Reply to
hugh

In news:cj4e19$ork$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk, Jim Roberts blithered:

I'm with plusnet, treated me OK. Mention my name gbhannington will probably result in you never being able to contact them again.

Reply to
GbH

How about trying alt.internet.providers.uk and/or uk.telecom.broadband

Dougal

Reply to
Dougal

Martyn Cottrell was greatly moved, and spake thus, saying:

Even more OT: After years in woodworking, I can never see this word as a computer peripheral. It's a power tool to me, pronounced "rowter". No wonder they don't let me anywhere near the IT systems in work.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I once took one into work for a laugh. (It dodn't get one, mind).

Reply to
Mother