Re: Who is the best broadband provider ATM (not owned by Pipex)

I use Demon. It's never broken. =A325 a month home office something with= =20

>static IP, 8mb unlimited and lower contention than the home one (dunno wha= t=20 >that means). >

Sounds cool. I still need to see if Bullshit can't sort out the fiasco. I don't fancy bailiffs knocking in my door, because Bulldog forgot to=20 turn off billing after I left, because I left when they screwed up my=20 account.

--=20 Carl Robson Audio stream:

Playing at home:Nightwish-Phantom Of The Opera

Elder

Demon have crap CS, they also tie you in to 1 year contracts, I would suggest nildram or zen, 1 month rolling contracts, PAYG broadband if your not a heavy downloader.

Reply to
Ronny

Why are 12 month contracts a problem? The only experience I'd have with the CS are when they set it up, which was perfect. How long were you with them for?

Reply to
Iridium

Based on setting up ADSL services on a daily bases, Demon are going down hill fast, Zen are totally incompetent, BT are a useless shower of bastards, my money currently is on Easynet (tho not cheap) or Eclipse, (Eclipse will also give you two static IP's)

Reply to
Geoff

Bollocks. Our SDSL line has been down for a total of 83 hours in the last 3 months. That's a business line too with SLA's.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

And is that a fault of the ISP or BT ?

I had a Eclipse SDSL line go down last week, BT fault, back up the following day after a BT engineers visit, regular status updates from Eclipse.

Got a Demon SDSL line, keeps dropping out, several months down the line and BT and Demon still can't get it sorted. (as I type this three Demon lease lines have just gone down and their call centre have been evacuated !)

Easynet SDSL line, been in for over two years, only gone down once when the router psu failed.

Reply to
Geoff

Easynet both times. First major was a power fault with their equipment first time, then a split fiber the second. Then it's been random "router lockups" and various other s**te invent.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Eclipse? Part of KC? nooooooo

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Andrews and Arnold where always wonderful, but pricey, being aimed more for business users right from the start. They were the first to introduce the Vigor 4 port routers, so that home 500 users could share the connection, without having to use other modems than the "approved" BT frog.

Reply to
Elder

Any compamy that ties you into a 12 month contract are hiding somthing, why can they not offer a decent service and provide a month to month contract?

The simple reason is, most tie you in as they offer you freebies to make you switch then cannot offer a reliable service.

if you want a decent ISP always look for one that offers no free stuff and no contracts, that way they have to be a good ISP as the customers will simply leave.

What happens if you move home, and you have a 12 month contract, I will tell you, you have to pay the contract up.

Reply to
Ronny

That's not true. My mate moved his account to his home from uni at the end of term. They said if they couldn't fulfil his contract in his new area they had to release him from it.

Reply to
Iridium

You still have to pay the new activation fee, which varies

Have a read

Read what a Demon rep tells people in this thread :)

Reply to
Ronny