OK Aircon FC'ers

Put the pump on my 200 Tdi, but the pump needs a different pulley - it takes a serpentine belt and the 200 is V belts. Richard at beamends is looking at a fix for me.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Is the 200 lump sorted now then?

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

The engine itself is reassembled. I haven't fitted the power steering pump or the alternator until I see how it all hangs in the engine bay. May need some mods, like the exhaust manifold does, to get the thing low enough for sensible prop angles.

Now I am cleaning up the Disco gearbox, and we'll see how the whole lot hangs together next week.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Pretty much the same as when we left Eastnor :-)

I've plenty other stuph to do first - like remove the inner roof, replace the soggy sodden itchy itchy ouch ouch stuff then look at the wiring loom and conduit...

Warren cam around on monday and shook his head, told me to bugger orf, then suggested the best way to run the pipes...

So, maybe sometimes this year :-)

Reply to
Mother

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 22:03:10 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

Sounds like a challenge for Malvern then!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

You are right, get at the back of the queue now Martyn, Warren has now got another customer for his queue thanks to you!

He has a a nice P38 just like mine!! Even the same colour & oddly enough - the same problems!

Seriously, cheers for the headsup on Warren, nice bloke, knows his stuff & he has a great garage with a cool truck cab outside with loads of dents!!! one did look purple though.............

nige

Reply to
Nige

I've looked at pulley options - all the 4-cylinder diesel crank pulleys superceed to the "standard" 200Tdi one now, ie with two grooves - one for the fan belt and one for PAS pump. It looks like the best bet may be to take the drive off a modified aircon idler pulley (so it fixes to the block nicely) to go from the polyvee bet to the flat belt.

It's a pity the (rather expensive!) 2¼/2.5 Petrol crank pulleys can be use to gain an exta belt.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

yeh I know, following up my own posts......

Now the little grey cells have kicked in.... unless you are fitting power steeing too the there is a spare groove!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Alright, I'll have the idler pulley.