Sold me LSE!!!!

For £2500, buyer was a lady who really knew her Landies. Glad it's gone to a good home!

Now, what next?

--

- Subaru WRX Range Rover LSE (Bob) FOR SALE!!! Range Rover 4.6 HSE (The Tank!)

'"I don't remember asking you a goddam thing"

Reply to
Nige

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

100 inch coiler (Gods Land rover) off road super beast. With lifted everything, front and rear winch. Snorkle, lockers and hill hugging tyres.

or a 101 & A Visa card ;-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Congratulations Nige you can't believe how happy that makes me mate( and my bankers), now don't forget to edit your sig . Derek Tomorrow is another day and so was today

Reply to
Derek

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:30:04 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

Option 2 is the way forward!!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yeahs... it's amazing the difference an extra inch makes over all that bling, lol!

Hows BuRRTs LPG conversion gone?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:09:57 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

bloody great! 100litres for £40, goes well on gas, tryng to run him to and from school at the mo, which gets some very funny looks from the kids and teachers! Being as I'm teaching control systems and gearboxes, he is being used to demonstrate 4x4 systems, along with one of my spare diffs while the coffee table is being used to demonstrate motion....

Having said that, the kids and staff have now got used to my landrovers, and my parking space is clearly marked in the usual way!

Looking at getting some form of chip to automatically advance the ignition, although he doesn't seem to be suffering from any serious effects from running slightly retarded.

if you are at the easter unofficial you can look over the setup.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Economy ? Better than 9 MPG ?

Steve

Reply to
steve

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:38:30 +0000, steve scribbled the following nonsense:

that's what I;m trying to work out by running him around at the mo, about 12 mile run each way, so going to be monitoring over the next few weeks to work it out.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:13:37 -0000, "Lee_D" scribbled the following nonsense:

definitely at malvern and eastnor

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Very very sadly and most frustratingly not but I'm sure I feel another meet coming on.

We hope to be at Eastnor and Malvern though so will no doubt meet at some point.

Which reminds me... if there a Co Durham unofficial and if so any one know when?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I got an email, i've forwarded it to you now

"the Fourth County Durham Unofficial 101 event in Co Durham on the weekend of May 19/20/21"

Same weekend as last year i think (my birthday!)

Reply to
Tom Woods

On or around Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:28:21 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

cool. tie in the differential with maths - show them that it can indeed differentiate in the mathematical sense. rotate any 2 shafts, the third will give you the rate of change of the other two.

this, apparently, is how a chronometric speedo works, although I've never had one apart. One fixed-rate input (from where?) and one related to distance moved, and the output is ds/dt...

if that's all eggsucking, then I apologise in advance.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 01 Mar 2006 21:38:30 +0000, steve enlightened us thusly:

it's the price that makes the difference to yer wallet, though. I've yet to get an LPG conversion to give as many MPG as petrol.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Wed, 1 Mar 2006 22:12:27 +0000 (UTC), Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

I'll be at both of them, if I don't break the SIII first :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Simon Isaacs uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Si

Did Tim ever fix the Diff lock? If not I may be able to shed some light....

I've replaced pipes... overhauled the actuator and fixed the switch. All appeared ok. Then I got stuck while off roading out by Stanage, right at the bottom near to the carpark. Front wheel dropped in a hole and rear wheel lifted clear of the ground.

Fortunately a very light pull from Chris in his 101 restored forwards motion.

By this point the bulb had blown in the Diff lock indicator.

So today I replaced the bulb and to all intents and purposes the diff lock according to the light still appeared to work... very well in fact... immediately cameon and off according to the bulb.

So after several treks around the estate to try and detect wind up.. nothing, diddley squat!

Beat it with a hammer (rubber mallet) , still nowt.. Jacked one front wheel, still nowt.

Stripped down tha actuator and this was all working fine. Slid the ring across with a screwdriver.. again fine and checked the wheel.. locked. H'mmmm.

Reassembled properly and works a treat. can only assume some fool built it up wth the arms not engadging the rings

Whats more , cost nowt , my favorite price!

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

Bloody Hell Nige, two sales in two days, Good man!

Reply to
Cassillis