omvl millenium

Hi I have just finished fitting omvl millenium in my 3.9 discovery got to the bit where you have to program it problem is I cannot get it to stay running on lpg it switched for a second or so and then immediately reverts back to petrol.The car has been running for 2 years previously on lpg so no problem there.Where does the millenium get the signal from to detect engine running is it solely from the tacho cable or is there something else that I have missed? Any help would be appreciated Thanks Alan

Reply to
al

Dunno about yours but my Bigas system picks up the engine revs off the negative side of the coil. A brown wire in my case , which recently fell off and gave the same symptoms as you now have.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Brown wire should be connected to the coil -v to give it an rpm signal, also make sure you have told it the correct rpm signal type, number of coils, lambda probe type etc. If all that is ok, run engine at 3000rpm, change over to gas and watch computer screen on display mode and see what the actuator and lambda probe is doing. If it is running lean on the probe and also reducing the stepper position, then you need to tell it the probe is inverted, i.e. 1-0v instead of 0-1v. If memory serves me correctly, the lambda probe ought to be 0-1vstd, not square-wave. Tell it also to switch over during decel at 2000rpm initially until you get it setup. Should cal itself at 3000rpm, then you adjust idle bleed to get it in correct band at idle. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

Thanks for the replies have now got unit running ok.Looks like it was a bad earth connection on the black wire, seems to be running pretty good on this unit only fault is it sometimes stalls when decelerating .It could be the air bypass playing up again I think as disply shows nothing strange

Reply to
al

make sure overrun cut-off isn't set to too low an rpm, try and bias the system to be rich at idle naturally without the lambda correction, that helps. Badger.

Reply to
Badger