On a breakdown truck again...

...but this time it's not broken down.

It's just been picked up & transported down to Hampshire for the BBC to use in filming Watchdog, to be aired next Tuesday. Look out for a petrol-blue Disco II. I won't be featured but it's nice that my car's getting its 15 minutes of fame.

They were talking about taking it apart, which would have been a nice free service, but now they're just using it for exterior/background shots.

David

Reply to
David French

David,

Did those items arrive in time?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Neil,

Doh!

David

Reply to
David French

They asked if they could film in our shop a few years ago (in the days when we ran a cybercafe). Lazy buggers were already filming in Sheffield and wanted to do a piece on a story concerning a woman from Liverpool - so rather than go to Liverpool to film it, they got her to drive to Sheffield. The crew were pretty nice and asked us to pretend we were in Liverpool - so we went out and nicked the wheels off their truck...

They paid us 150 quid for using the place too - which was the most we'd ever made in a couple of hours. didn't accept my invitation to use it on a regular basis tho'...

Reply to
Mother

It's just been picked up & transported down to Hampshire for the BBC to use

David,

Has this got anything to do with the issue in this thread....

?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

That's the one.

Reply to