OT - Call Centres......Arrrggggg!

Cyril Connelly?

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

|| EMB wrote: ||| Duracell Bunny wrote: ||| |||| Will the last Kiwi to leave home please turn the lights out ... ||| ||| Sure thing babe - I'll hit the switch as I head for the UK. ;-) ||| ||| || it's been many years since I was last called babe :)

If your current squeeze doesn't, find one that does! Any man* would be glad to have such a capable Land Rover mechanic as a partner - think of the savings.

*Or woman, of course
Reply to
Richard Brookman

November supposedly. But thats no longer certain cos I've just given my back a good seeing to (prolapsed disc) and unless it's sorted out properly I'm not getting on a 28 hour flight.

Reply to
EMB

Ah, sadly, I'm a widow - the big C took my beloved two years ago.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

You have my sympathy Karen - I've been there too.

Reply to
EMB

Thank you, EMB - I wouldn't wish that on anyone, you have my deepest sympathy too.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Here's a story for you. My Brother was working in Guinea, West Africa, some years ago. All the expat workers - Brits, Aussies, South Africans, & Yanks lived in a compound with a motor pool. The motor pool held Toymotas, J**ps and Landies. It was first come first served when you wanted a vehicle. Bruv ended up driving with a Yank in a Landy and expressed suprise that the Septic hadn't chosen the J**p. Ham Shank expressed suprise back and said that Landies were built in Alabama - look, it says so on the bulkhead (series) He allegedly slapped the dash and said "good American Iron, can't be beat" Bruv took great delight in pointing out that it was the REAL Birmingham on the plate, not some US town. Yank in question never chose a Landy again. Parochial git.

Steve

84 110 V8 hardtop 84 110 V8 CSW Durban

">Snip

Reply to
Maloney

It might have been " we used to have windows here", probably bricked 'em up now. ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

|| Ah, sadly, I'm a widow - the big C took my beloved two years ago.

Inappropriate humour - apologies. And sorry to hear that.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

No need to apologise - it'll come to each one of us in due course.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

The only reason you might want to head over here would be news that Blair was emigrating over there.! Derek

Reply to
Derek

With the famous US sense of direction I reckon there are Ford execs wandering round Alabama trying to find Lode Lane for a meeting Derek

Reply to
Derek

if you want call centres, try this funny link

Chappers©

I recall when an ex-gf's mother called a call centre and they insisted on referring to her by her husbands name despite much protestation. The reason - "That is what the computer says you are called."

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

snip

Another satisfied customer! LOL Like you say, I have no idea how they have any customers - must all be first timers stuck in a 12 month contract desperate to get out. Number or times our broadband was down for days at at time was unbelievable. Friday night and the earliest they can get someone out to look at it is next Wednesday - very helpful when you are trying to run a business! (tho after a lot of ranting they do refund 'dial-up' call charges during down times) Been with BT for 15 months now - number of days (hours/minutes/seconds) off-line - zero! We managed to dump NTL last year (finally) SWMBO now takes great pleasure in laying into any sales rep who darkens our door, or catches us in the street (shopping mall etc) and tries to get us to sign up to them - making sure the passing throng hear about how crap they are at the same time!

Anyway - well done on the move, hope you enjoy your new home.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Its funny when they will only talk to certain people. I remember my mum ringing up to sort out some bills for something (a mobile phone i think) and having to be MR Woods as when she had rung up as mrs earlier they wouldnt do it.

Reply to
Tom Woods

|| Been with BT for 15 months now - number of days || (hours/minutes/seconds) off-line - zero!

We're with BT and have broadband with them for about 15 months now. It's been offline for a day or so on a couple of occasions, but we've always had a refund without having to ask. Service has been fine.

I've said it before (probably here too) many times, but my measure of a company is not that they get it right 100% of the time, but how they deal with you when things go wrong. If that's good, you're dealing with the right people.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:13:23 GMT, "Derek" scribbled the following nonsense:

now that would be good for us brits!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Been with BT Openworld for 4+ years. Gone off twice, for less than a couple of hours. Tech support have been helpful on the odd occasion I've used them. It's also nicer to be talking to BT, rather than an ISP who says it's not their fault and they need to chase up BT.

Reply to
Danny