OT - Call Centres......Arrrggggg!

Tell us about it, recently there was a documentary on the BBC claiming not only that nuclear power was safe but that a bit of radiation was actually good for you, I kid you not!. A couple of days later the government told us that it wanted to build more nuclear power stations, a more blatant manipulation of the media I have yet to see outside a dictatorship. Greg

Reply to
Greg

And PCs with tuner cards...

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I didn't say they responded to the pressure, but it is much more likely than if they had a separate income stream. JD

Reply to
JD

I have a Scottish acquaintance who lives in the US and has married a local. A few years back he visited home with his wife and inlaws. His father-in-law, shopping by himself, saw something he was interested in and asked his Scottish son in law to look at it the next day. When he did (by himself), the shopkeeper commented "Don't see many Americans here, but you're the second one in two days to look at that!" JD

Reply to
JD

Eric was a halibut not a bee.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Probably, I guess they work on the basis that if your asking the questions you're honest...

Looking at other posts it seems the goal posts have moved again in the last few years regarding the use of tellys as display devices for DVD players and games consols.

Can't be arsed, now where is my fish food?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You spotted that as well. It's not the only example if you watch what is on the telly in documentary form and what is quietly kicking around the political arena.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

As an ex-Pom, I'm used to my Pommie friends saying on the phone I have a broad Aussie accent, yet to any Aussie here I'm still a Pommie sheila. I guess I lose out both ways :(

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

I know the feeling - accused of being a Pom (which I'm not but have spent a fair bit of time in the UK) when I'm at home, and of being a Aussie when I'm in the UK (bloody Poms - can't tell a Kiwi accent). :-)

Reply to
EMB

That's an easy test - get a Kiwi to say 'Sex in sacks sucks' & see if you can tell the difference in the words :)

They always say sex in sex sex.

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

Something really scary ...the US and Canada think that NZ is part of Australia. Their adverts over here for "Aussie" products and their "Aussie" actors all speak with a Kiwi accent.

-Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

Speaking of Indian call centres... This sound clip did the rounds a while ago.

It's old now, but it's a gem.

--Craig

Reply to
CraigB

Worse - they think Australia is the same place as Austria, it's in Europe to many of them!

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

I once saw a copy of the Australian constitution which listed New Zealand as a State along with all the others - they were just waiting for NZ to ratify it, I guess.

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Not bloody likely. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

We'd not have them these days anyway - we value the blood lines of our sheep too much :)

Reply to
Duracell Bunny

You're confused again Karen - NZ is not a part of Wales.

Reply to
EMB

As a kid I got picked on for being English when I lived in Scotland, and for being Scottish when I lived in England. That would explain why I hate everyone ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Eric was half a bee, he had an hhhaccident.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Something more scary, Americans know so little about the world outside their borders they have to tak the country onto every capital city "the british prime minister in London-England said..."

Greg

Reply to
Greg