Actual Miata question - Skip Cannon or FM rear brace?

I have a Flying Miata rear brace on my current miata, and am about to take a Skip Cannon rear brace off of another miata. Is one better than the other? The FM has the advantage of already being on the car, but it is not a difficult swap to do. Whichever one I do not keep will be for sale. I think that this brace is specific to the 1990 - 1991 model years.

I will also have a FM STB with hood prop at the same time that will fit

1990 - 1997 miatas.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Aren't they the same thing? The FM website lists it as "Flyin` Miata Cannon rear subframe brace."

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Derrrr, I believe you are correct. I guess the one stays on my car. I took the Flying Miata strut tower brace off last night.

It will be up on Ebay tonight. It has some wear from hood rubbing but is fully intact and includes the hood prop bar that is attached to the STB.

If anyone wants to check it out I can send them a link or you can just search for "Flying Miata Strut Tower Bar" starting sometime around 8:00 central time.

The rear brace will follow soon, and I think that the car also has a set of 1990 - 1993 Flying Miata swaybars, I need to make sure of the brand but they are too thick to be stock.

BTW Lanny, two people battled for that pink poodle mug and took it up to $15.45. I noticed that it did not go to PA, so I am assuming that Iva passed on her prize of free shipping on this exquisite item.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

"pws" wrote

Is this where I jump in and point out the Miata doesn't have struts?

Actually Pat I might be interested in the rear brace for my wife's '90. As much as I hate eBay I'll have to watch for it.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Excruse me, make that Shock Tower Brace. Turtle, tortoise, shocks, struts, it's just too much to keep track of.....

Hate Ebay! Believe me, I understand. My total sales are around 3500 items. My total purchases are about 9 or 10, with most of those being in the first year.

Let me pull that thing off of there this weekend, hopefully the rain will be gone by Sunday, and I will see what it looks like. We might be able to work a deal without paying those bastards, I mean those wonderful people that own that online auction site.

Of course, then you would have to trust me to actually send it to you. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

"pws" wrote

Yes. Who know? You might skip town to Seattle or someplace...

For payment you can just get my credit card information from the TJX database.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Or you could just post it here.....

Be sure to include the expiration date and the security code, OK?

Reply to
XS11E