OT - Chip pan

Cook the chips in smaller batches. Or buy a massive industrial job from ebay

David French wrote:

Reply to
Nick Brooks

I doubt it - there would be pools of oil under it every morning :)

Reply to
danny

According to my mate Gert (a German Mancunian) the German for 'grease nipple' is 'fett nipple'. Which is very disappointing.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

In article , Rudolph Hucker writes

Hold down the key and type '130' on the number keypad to get é, and 'e-grave' is 138. If it doesn't work, make sure is on (also used to give odd results with some Micro$oft applications, but they seem to have fixed that recently).

You can get all sorts of useful stuff using alt-number combinations. I prefer US keyboard to the UK version, and thus always type 156 to get a £ sign.

For Macs there's a different approach involving the Apple menu, which I can't remember at this second. For Ataris and Acorn, yer on yer own...

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

I gave up using a deep fryer years ago, the chip shop down the road is alot less hassle!!

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

On or around Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:58 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

there's an alternative set of numbers, too. I use:

è alt+0232 é 0233 ê 0234 à 0224 á 0225 â 0226

among others...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Or (under Windows) use Character Map to see em all. Start > Run... then type "charmap" (without quotes)

Tom

Reply to
Tom Gilmour

The message from "David French" contains these words:

I an guessing here but I guess the wrong type of oil is the answer. Our old faithfull, god help us if it goes wrong has a high and a low setting, High for artificial poisenous rubbish, and low for good old dripping. New machines appear to only have the high setting. My guess is that italians might favour olive oil,spanish use a lot of denatured rape oil, untreated it is highly poisenous and will kill you in quite small quantities. ditto linseed oil, coconut oil (copra oil) used to be ok but rare as RHS now, Sunflower oil is an ok oil I am given to understand but the range of oils available nowadays is colussel and most are more suited to the manufacture of paint. The upshot is to basically look for an oil with a higher boiling temperature. Course I am assuming you havent put loads of water in there with the fat!

Reply to
Warwick Barnes

Now that's handy, even works through Lotus notes. I'm fed up of writing GBP!

Thanks

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux