Bit of a list........

On the front of the 110, nearside seems to be down a tad. Is the likely cause a shagged spring (no noise & drives fine etc) or something else?

Anyone know where to take readings from? I would think turret top to wheel ctr?

Ta

Nige

Nge

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"They called him Jimmy the gent"

Reply to
Nige

a shagged spring (no noise

Easier to check for roughly equal distances between the bump stop on the chassis (or the chassis if the bump stop has gone) and the axle casing.

Springs can break a coil near the end. Frequently unrecognised until you go looking for it. Or, as you say, simply a 'shagged' spring.

If it's only a little down, the spring is not broken and one bump stop has not been contacting more often than the other it might not be worth correcting.

Reply to
Dougal

I had the same problem on my 90, I ordered a set of new springs all round from paddock spares, I ensured I ordered the correct springs, 1 each for all corners. When I received them the front nearside was shorter than the front offside (the rear were both the same length). When I questioned this at a local club, I was told that it is to allow for road camber (I was dubious about that, as the wrong side??) and it was suggested to me that when I replace them I fit to opposite sides. I tried this when I replaced the springs, and now I have a nice level 90.

Andy

Reply to
andy

"andy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Someone told me that all 90's are lop sided. (Go look. It does seem to be true!). The explanation I got was that this was to allow for the weight of the driver....!!

Interesting to know that the springs really are of different lengths -- unless Paddocks has made a mistake, again.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

On or around 26 May 2005 07:24:54 GMT, Derry Argue enlightened us thusly:

look up the specs, they are indeed different lengths. The leaf springs on the series were also different from one side to the other.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

shagged spring (no noise

drivers side damper was stuck, had to jump on it to get it moving for the MOT, mebbe stuck again.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

NRC9447 Front Spring Passenger Def. 90 Standard Blue/Yellow NRC9446 Front Spring Driver 90 Standard Blue/Green

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Austin Shackles wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Does anyone know why? Did tea break intervene while the plans were being drawn up? Or did someone in the design department have a brother-in-law in the spring factory?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

there was a photograph of me in the design office entitled 'typical land rover driver' and thus the drivers side spring was made stronger...

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

cause a shagged spring (no noise

Reply to
Angus McCoatup©

I found it odd that swapping them round actually levelled it.... Then again, the I suppose that nothing should really surprise me with mine, the previous owner seems to only have replaced things (bushes etc.) down one side.

Andy

Reply to
andy

In message , Derry Argue writes

Fuel tank and driver are both on the same side on a RHD 90

Reply to
Marc Draper

Marc Draper wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mdeng.demon.co.uk:

You know, you could well be right. What will they think of next?

So for a "foreign" vehicle, both springs are the same?

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue