OT - CV Joints

Evening

My mates car has a clicking noise from the NSF wheel when on full lock.

Normally this would be a CV joint - But its a rear wheel drive MFG..

Do rear wheel drive cars have CV joints? I know they do not need them, i just wondered if they still fit em!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Yes they do, but if it's only happening on full lock then it's not a CV joint in the same way that it could be on a landy, as the CV joint isn't being twisted to the ends of its travel by the steering as it's on the back.

If it happens even when stationary then probably power steering.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

yes on the MGF

Independant rear suspension for bits see
Derek Sydlexia NP

Reply to
Derek

But not where it would cause clicking from the front wheel. I would suspect a wheel bearing, but possibly coming from the brake. JD

Reply to
JD

. Full lock loads the front bearings so a worn or badly adjusted bearing ( don't know are they tapered bearings? ) can make a ticking, I'd say. brakes more likely a squeak or a chatter but theres plenty of other stuff play in bushes or daft things like a stone trapped in the wheel trim without hearing it difficult to say Derek

Reply to
Derek