OT F******* Jap Crap

Wife bought new Jap car in Sept. Only done 163 miles and power steering motor has failed. Of course none in stock so another journey necessary next week to get it fixed when part arrives. At least my new Defender had the decency to break down BEFORE it actually left the dealership.

Reply to
hugh

Make sure she doesnt hold the thing on the steering end-stops (like most people do!) That ultimately kills (hydraulic) pumps/boxes etc. Electric systems will also not take kindly to that either. A couple of the co-fleet motors here (All Fords) had that issue.

There are comments in all the handbooks of all the cars we have, regarding that practice, we looked, eventualy! Of course, we all read the book before driving the things, don't we! ;-)

Regards.

Dave B

Reply to
DaveB

In message , DaveB writes

Hasn't had time to do anything with it 0nly done 163 miles of which about 30 were delivery/road test miles. Maybe that's it. The numptie delivery driver held it on full lock too long.

Well known feature on Land Rovers.

Reply to
hugh