OT: google personalised search/attn: Beamends

Richard - are you now paying google lots of money to advertise? or is the 'google personalised search' thing that i've just noticed being mentioned when i search on google working quite well?

I keep searching google and at the top of the results list i get 'product search results' listing similar items in the beamends shop.

I'm not sure i like this direct advertising stuff or not! I must have spent far too much time looking up parts on Richards website!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Good god no! Paying for web advertising is pointless!

Nothin' to do wiv' me Guv - it must be a Google thing, over which I have no control I'm affraid. There's no way on earth I'd *ever* use direct marketing as I associate it with crap products that can't be sold by more usual methods.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

You're picked up on Google because it finds what's in your etc,etc, and because you have a sensible amount of info in there, too much info in the meta tag area and the search robots ingore it.

Steve.

Reply to
Stephen Hull

it looks like this:

That wasnt the search i was doing before as i cant rember what that was for but it illustrates the point. it even manages to get your price!

Reply to
Tom Woods

i think it pulls it from Froogle - who seem to love you rich!

Google have a finger in everything these days! Good on em!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Ah right, I see what you mean! That's from Froogle, or GoogleBase, or whatever it's being called this week. They've finaly got the name right!

for info.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

And so they should - the upload file is 6Mb!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd