OT: Got mi lockup!

After a couple of years searching, eventually got a big double lockup garage, and I mean _BIG_ - just high enough to get a GS through either of the two doors, long enough to get a limo or two in and two lockable cages at the back!

Built into the base of a block of flats so reasonably* secure, sadly no leccie, but that's not really an issue.

Now, to fill it... :-)

(* as secure as it gets in Sheffield)

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:58:39 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

Will a Rad bod fit?

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

Ooh, i must be lucky then, i can get a 101 Ambi through the doors to my lockup.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Hold that thought. You know how delighted I'd be to welcome you back into the fold :-)

Reply to
Mother

Just too tall, even with letting the tyres down :-(

Irrelevant anyway really as I'll do the British thing and fill it full of crap anyway...

Mind, it'll make Steve happy to free some room that's currently being taken up with enginy things :-)

Reply to
Mother

During stardate Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:35:09 +0100, Mother uttered the imortal words:

Worrabout on just rims wth some sort of padding affixed.....

Nah, you'd never get it to fit ...... :0D

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:58:39 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

So will the road outside Poggle Wood be losing a few vehicles??? Bungle?? Ziggy?

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I don't _need_ to make it fit. I've a big road outside the house :-)

Reply to
Mother

Bungle is staying and about to get a new tilt and one of the three Detroit lockers put in the rear axle instead of sat on the shelf in my office...

The deal is that Ziggy has to go if I am allowed to have a Vampire. She forgot about the other deal to get a Radio Body. So, yes, sadly I have to say that Ziggy will be "going", dunno where, ho hum...

Whistle...

Reply to
Mother

I only wish i had the money to buy another one, i really do.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

By what method did you find the garage?

I've been searching for something round here, but can't find anything of a sensible size.

They dont seem to make industrail units smaller than 1250sq feet (500 would be plenty for me), and everyone who is selling or letting barns round here wants to do it as all or nothing (so i can have 7500 sq feet or nowt!).

Reply to
Tom Woods

I contacted the local council, put my name down on their 'list', 12 months later - after I'd forgotten all about it, they called to say they had a double, but I may not be interested as the rent was quite high at 6 quid a week.

I signed for it the same day and paid a years advance rental :-)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 22 Oct 2005 14:00:35 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

last of the big spenders...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Bloody hell - I'm paying more than 6 quid a day for storage at the moment.

Reply to
EMB

Yeah, I figured it wasn't bad, which is why I signed the same day and paid a year upfront - in case they changed their mind :-)

Reply to
Mother

I've found and submitted the online application form now! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Ah, yes, the first rule of garage sizing.... "The s**te will accumulate to fill the available space!" Badger.

Reply to
Badger

My 4 bedroom detached house already proves this rule :-(

Reply to
Mother

Bad move now they realise that you can pay, the cost will rise at the same rate as a NASA rocket what you should have done is moaned about the price saying that you have to keep a family of 12 kids and 3 wives plus all the in-laws and your income from your main job is only "2 bob and a conker" they will of course ignore any other income and then they would have given it you for 4 quid a week

"Sheffield City Council we'll balls up everything"

Reply to
Andy.Smalley

I'd have been pushing my luck a bit there - as they're customers of ours...

I reckon they're as s**te as any other - at least they pay their bills on time :-)

Reply to
Mother