Hey Austin..Don't look....

Oh the temptation! Suits you sir... Ooooo it does look good on you.

:0)

Lee D

-- "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."

- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

'76 101 Camper '64 88" IIa V8 Auto '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd '01 Laguna

Reply to
Lee_D

so Lee_D was, like...

That engine will never move a lump like that.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Not 1981 - that was when Marshalls put the body on.

Not a "Webesto" heater, either, it's an Eberspacher

Partly stripped, fair paint job, overall not too bad.

Certainly at the top of its money.

Bit worried about the engine capacity, though... :-)

Reply to
Mother

Indeed, "somewhat underpowered" would be an understatement...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:06:25 +0100, Lee_D enlightened us thusly:

nah; I don't want an ambi. I might fancy a radbod, but what I really want is a GS and build a narrow ambi-esque body on it - same height as an ambi but same width as the normal body.

add a 3.9 and an auto box, and it'd be about right :-)

that's assuming I have one at all, which ain't likely at the moment, unless I win the lottery or something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Mine is on a 1981 X plate too. who decided that a load of the ambis were 1981's?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Mines on an A plate :-)

There are a number of very vague ways to get this. Depends really on how you / DVLA want to look at it. Technically none can have such a plate as it should be based upon the date of manufacture. However, it can sort of be argued that the ambi was manufactured in [whatever] year. It's also been known for a date plate to be issued relating to the 'date of release', which is very, very wrong and thankfully rare.

Reply to
Mother