OT (ish) - removing ink.

I find a 70p bottle of surgical spirit gets rid of most thangs, used to use it to clean up old traded in PC kit, which would have all kinds of cr*p on it, from scribbles to stickers..

If not, try a photographic suppliers for Arclone, my first employers yonks ago where into doing very odd stuff with photography, but not snap shots, techy stuff, but Arclone was used to clean anything and everything around film, but we found it'd dissolve just about any muck or stain... Watch out, it reeks, and U WILL get very high using it LOL, also WASH it off anything it comes into contact with, or it may well dissolve that as well, used to make mincemeat of surgical gloves with it.

Reply to
Me

Try brake cleaner, most plastic is more resistant to it than to acetone, and it cleans almost everything.

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

You're forgetting the grand-daddy of all solvents, Carbon Tetrachloride, which IIRC is not possible to get hold of because it has roughly the same effect on the human body as a nuclear bomb, or something like that anyway... My mother stockpiled some in the 80s :)

Reply to
David French

In news: snipped-for-privacy@no-dns-yet-212-23-3-119.zen.co.uk, David French blithered:

Isn't that the same as Arclone? Or is that Trichloroethane?

Reply to
GbH

On or around Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:16:42 +0000, David French enlightened us thusly:

Cellulose thinners works well for some things.

Reply to
Austin Shackles