OT: Iso

I downloaded the .iso file for RAVE, what the f*ck do I do with it? I have a CD writer or DVD writer - someone help.

Is it an 'image' file? If so, how do I sort it?

Reply to
Nige

If you open your cd burning software it should recognise the iso as a saved project or image just run it and it will unpack and burn your disk. easy peasy I'll sithee Derek

Reply to
Derek

Nige,

It is an image file. You should be able to burn it out to disk with your writer software. look for the option to burn an ISO image to disk.

What writer software do you have i might know it?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Smart

Non, it's a clean install, whats good these days?

Ta

Reply to
Nige

Clean install of what. I think that XP may have in-built burning support.

Reply to
Dougal

I use deepburner, it's a free download

burns the Rave CDs fine! Des

Reply to
Dieseldes

I prefer Nero at the minute.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Smart

Assuming Windows, use Iso Recorder powertoy. Free, reliable, intuitive.

EMB

I dont bother burning stuff these days...

There is some software called Daemon tools, which is freeware and can mount iso files as virtual CDROM letters.

Its really useful, and can handle loads of file extensions. Saves buggering about burning cd's.. I only loose them!

It installs as a little red icon in the system tray Right click it and choose Virtual CD -> Set Number of devices-> 1 Right Click it and choose Virtual CD -> Device 0 -> Mount Image Browse to the ISO and it will appear as a CD Rom in windows.

Easy.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Sat, 24 Nov 2007 23:23:54 -0000, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

Download a thing called Alcohol 120%, you need to register it to use it long-term. You can then mount image files on virtual drives, and the best part is the little thing that says "re-mount on system boot". RAVE, the LDV cd, the one for the mapping software are all permanently mounted on my system :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

See other post - Daemon tools is freeware :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

On or around Sun, 25 Nov 2007 08:51:49 +0000, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

I used to have Fantom CD, but it won't run on 64 bit.

not sure about Daemon. ISTR trying it and something about it wasn't to my taste, but I forget what.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

There used to be a few bugs in it, but the latest one is good. They do a

32 and 64 bit version from the download link on their site.
Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hello Nige, You need some software to burn the image, you can find loads on "alt binaries...." on the news groups and several freebies with a google serch. NERO ALCOHOL VIRTUAL CD ISO buster to name but a few... Freebies can be found with a google serch, if your stuck I will find some for you.

regards

John

Reply to
Long tall ugly

Nige,

Look around the web for Deamon tools. It is a virtual cd\DVD software that lets you open the image file straight from you hard disc.

Reply to
vertuas