OT: Laptops - Asus - any good?!

They sure do - I lost 1 drive in a RAID5 array this week, but got it all repaired with no data loss or system downtime. The drive is 2 weeks old, and I'm somewhat worried that the other drives in the array (from the same manufacturing batch) might fail too. On the bright side, I was well paid for sorting it out :-)

Reply to
EMB

Could be just the job for a low power always on home pc then??

AJH

Reply to
AJH

I passed it onto mum who just does the odd email and eBay, she's happy!

These things are worth sod all once they are more than a year old so hardly worth selling are they. This HP will probably be turned into a Linux test box for playing with once replaced. Was a new model at the time, cost me over a grand about 9 months ago, and they are only going for about 300 euros on eBay now! Worse than cars!

Matt

Reply to
Matt M

There was an interesting report produced by Google themselves about hard disc failures and the causes of it, as you can imagine they go through an awful lot of discs.

Ideally they'd have listed which manufacturers are the worst but they haven't.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:33:46 +0000, MarkVarley - MVP enlightened us thusly:

I see you're still suffering the hardship of a job involving pretty scantily-clad ladies. Must be tough, that...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:27:44 +0000, Austin Shackles wrote this gibberish:

It's a hard life but it keeps t'roof over us 'eads ;-)

Reply to
MarkVarley - MVP

hehehhe

Reply to