OT: Road Rage / UK firearms policy

Don't forget that all when a report is written it may never be as independent as you think: It could always have some political interference. I suppose that the original drafts may not exactly have had the same tone and direction as the final published one. Move forward a few years and we have WMD.......

-- JonW "When in danger, when in doubt Run in circles, scream and shout" RotR, Rule 8.g (amended)

Reply to
pl.white

Only too aware I'm afraid having spent the last 9 months fighting a bill from 2000 for £9000 and finally ending up paying £1500! Please don't tell me they are giving the IR guns. . . . . . . . :0

Reply to
Exit

These guys disagree with your assessment of the figures, and I dare say your political point of view, but I guess thats why they say lies, damned lies and statistics. . . . . . . ;-)

Exit

Yep, you're right - I'd better knock it on the head.

Reply to
Exit

You are completely right, except that I was, if you read the context carefully, only refering to handguns. I own a rifle and a shotgun myself.

Reply to
Exit

I've always liked you Julian, have I mentioned that before now? ;-)

As another totally off topic aside... Was it you who to whom I dropped off the two effing heavy batteries a few years ago?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

yes you can.......

as long as is registered as a de-activated weapon and inspected....

The L85 (commonly known as SA80) as used by the British Forces is actually classed as a rifle and it has a magazine thaat holds 30 rounds, but if you are clever, you can get it to hold 33.......

Lets say you have a blank firer, no license required... 5 minutes work with a drill will have the barrel cleared and redy to accept a standard round. A blank firing 9mm Browning Hi Power replica can be bought in your local combat shop or gun comic for less that £50, no questions asked. Standard blank ammo is alse easily modifed to make it lethal. Even sawdust mixed with PVA can be lethal at less than 5m.....

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Part owner of 1976 S3 LWT, currently under restoration Suzuki SJ410 (ex-Girlfriend, at the moment......) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Does he play cricket?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Well, sort of...

or, for the really hard to beat rush hour...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around 11/10/03 12:05 am, Mother using , in article ID snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scribbled:

No, I don't! Badminton and any chance whatsoever of a drive in a racing car of any type is more my sporting style, old chap :-)

I *used* to be quite a fast runner, too.

Reply to
Llandrovers

No, I didn't think so, somehow.

E Type, no doubt?

yes.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Blanks are no fun, people only duck for the first one. . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

I should think you'd need to be able to run faster than their dads. . . . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

Sorry to hear about your brush with the IR. As for giving them guns, maybe that would be a good idea - on the basis of simple statistics Inland Revenue people are as thick as two short planks and so are bound to pick up the gun in random order. Hopefully 50% of them will have the barrel pointing towards them and figure that the thing fires a bullet by squeezing a trigger. Goodbye 50% of a useless government machine!

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Amen brother.

Reply to
Exit

On or around 11/10/03 12:38 am, Mother using , in article ID snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scribbled:

Yep. Nice one it is too, it's coming across next year for the Goodwood Revival, hopefully. My mate CKY will be running it though, most likely.

Reply to
Llandrovers

On or around 11/10/03 3:29 am, Exit using , in article ID UVJhb.116915$ snipped-for-privacy@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk, scribbled:

Don't give Bailey any more ideas!

Reply to
Llandrovers

On or around 11/10/03 3:31 am, Exit using , in article ID fYJhb.116953$ snipped-for-privacy@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk, scribbled:

Yawn.

Reply to
Llandrovers

Read a book about road safety, the safer you make the car, the more complacent you make the driver.

Buses are not very pedestrian friendly in a collision are they, nor JCB's and HGV's so wassup with a landie ?

Reply to
Larry