OT: Ugly cars again...

Following on from the recent thread a few weeks ago on ugly cars....I saw this in a car park today...

This is possibly the ugliest car ever....

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

|| Following on from the recent thread a few weeks ago on ugly || cars....I saw this in a car park today... || ||

Hehehe - Looks like a dog f*cking a football.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Apt name - (r)odius

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

Looks like its been in the sun and melted wonder if they got the idea from the Megane? but you can see a pattern building another SsangYong to crawl into the halls of infamy ( ok do your own Frankie Howerd joke mush- suit yourself ) .Oddly the Rexton actually doesn't look too bad close up ( bloke up road gets the demonstraters) I expect they sacked that designer for straying from the corporate image. The other one which looked familiar the Actyon was that in Who Framed Roger Rabbit ?

T-th -th- thats all folks

Reply to
Derek

They do seem to have carved themselves a particularly unpleasant niche in the market! Not sure how much profit there is in making seriously ugly cars..

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

That is ugly but I think the "Pacer " is the all time ugliest car ever ever ever. IMO ))

Reply to
Yia Sou

You daft bugger! :-) Made oi larf, that did.

Reply to
PDannyD

Plus the idiot who wrote the description should tarred & featherd!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I feel sorry for the poor buggers that have to try and sell them.

Simon Mills

Reply to
simon mills

On or around Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:21:11 +0100, "Pacman" enlightened us thusly:

Eeewwww. as our American friends would say.

Mind, the latest skoda is pretty odd, too.

Austin Shackles

||| Hehehe - Looks like a dog f*cking a football. || || You daft bugger! :-) || Made oi larf, that did.

First heard from a friend (in about 1972) descibing an MZ 150, if you remember those. That description was *really* accurate!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

|| Mind, the latest skoda is pretty odd, too. || ||

Nice to play changing the colours, although I couldn't get the 360 view to work. The three flashing spotlights on the roof, door and headlight don't do much for it! Are they intended to be catchlights? If so, they don't work. And yes, it's odd, although not in the same league as the Ssssssssssssssanggggggggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooonnnnggggg.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sat, 29 Jul 2006 11:33:59 +0100, "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

you can grab the picture and pull it around. took me a while to notice that as well, and I don't know what the flashing bits are for either - I did wonder if you click on them you get detail or something, but seems not.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

||||| Mind, the latest skoda is pretty odd, too. ||||| |||||

Oh *right*. Thanks. If you keep it turning in one direction you get an effect a bit like those fairground horses that go up and down. Got a bit seasick after a while.

You can't roll it over on its back, either.

Horrible car. Looks like it's adapted from a standard hatchback for some disabled alien. Still can't figure out the flashing lights.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

It wasnt Frankie Howard, it was Kenneth Williams as Julius Caesar I belive Derek!

;)

Nige

Reply to
Nige

No stop messing about, certainly KW did ( Infamy Infamy they've all got it in for me) but Francis also used the phrase in 'Up Pompeii !' or possibly 'Whoops Baghdad' or both and if I know anything about the lad more that once may be one day the series will be out on DVD a fitting tribute IMHO salute Derek

Reply to
Derek

He was a very funny man, but i dont remember the use in UP though! Mind you Derek, i was only a bin lid then!!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Oh I don't know, the Actyon seems pretty dire too

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Looks like the front end of a Saab 93 stitched to the back end of a Citroen Berlingo.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

|| On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:21:11 +0100, "Pacman" || wrote: || ||| Following on from the recent thread a few weeks ago on ugly ||| cars....I saw this in a car park today... ||| |||

||| ||| This is possibly the ugliest car ever.... || || Oh I don't know, the Actyon seems pretty dire too || ||

Now thast IS disgusting. Vile. Pretentious. Form over function. Awful. Offensive.

And whoTF wrote the copy? "THE CONSUMMATE URBAN WARRIOR", "Brace yourself. Aggressively styled..." "A striking new mid-range SUV that fuses genuine off-road performance with stunning urban looks".

Er, no. A risible new mid-range softroader that we think looks like it would be a real off-roader, with he-man looks taken from a biro scribble off the back of a 14-yr-old's exercise book.

It actually looks a bit like the PT Cruiser, which says a lot.

Consummate Urban Warrior. I'm still laughing at that bit. What are they ON?

Reply to
Richard Brookman