OT ....Working over Christmas; Merry Christmas

Just heard some idiot on Radio who has little idea what working at christmas means, so for all of you doing so. Have as good a time as you can.

Reply to
Hirsty's

Ditto that for the next 2 Nights.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a uneventful evening even if it means it drags on and on... not the usual stuff, mainly that life changing stuff such as the incident in London yesterday morning which affected Families in my area 150 miles away... just shows what a small world it is. I was working last New Year. About 11.40pm we got a multiple fatal crash to attend to...absolute nightmare. Absolutely tragic at any time of the year but seems all the more difficult to come to terms with at a time of celebration.

It's incidents like these that take the fun out of Christmas even for the stuck at work celebrations.

We do however remain hopeful and have again got some celebrations planned as best you can while trying to keep the ball rolling so to speak.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

.... anyone need an early morning call just to see if "HE'S BEEN HE'S BEEN!!!!" then let me know.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

And also let's not forget those on another "front line", thousands of miles away. I've a lot of friends who'll be dusting sand from their stale, imported xmas cake tomorrow whilst dodging the odd random mortar fire, in aid of two corrupted government's so called mission for peace. Mission for oil, more like. Hmmm... visions of dubya playing the piano, blair in a waistcoat and fezz dancing on top, as another barrel of crude rolls across the set, all to the tune of "roll out the barrel"... Merry Xmas to all. Badger.

Reply to
Badger