P38 4.6 engine protection

Hi, I am seriously thinking about teP38 on the road with the new engine. As it has got a new engine, how can I protect it against the dreaded liners/water problem??

Gotta be a way surely?

Ta

NIge

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

Buy a warranty, if its with a dealer this shouldn't be a problem.

A sensible thing to do anyhow with a vehicle like this packed full of electronics.

Alan.M

Reply to
Alan Mudd

has got a new engine, how

Yep, ask someone with access to a testbook to make it run a bit richer.

Peter R.

Reply to
Peter R.

Yeah, I was gonna anyway, but I don't want unecessary enginge problems etc.

Ni

Reply to
Nige

Is that the problem? It's running lean so get hotter? That will be to save fuel then i suppose?

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"If you tolerate this then your children will be next"

Reply to
Nige

So Nige was, like

So I've heard. One of the claims for a re-chipping of this engine is that the fuelling is increased and the hot spots arising from the original lean fuel map are avoided. See RPI website, and others.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Nigel Hi,

I was speaking with RPi's Chris the other day and he told me that one of the main gains of his company's chip upgrade for the V8 4.6 engines with the older type of injection system (not the later Bosch one fitted on the Thor type engines) is that they do away with the problem of lean fuel/air mixture. They in fact have seen better mpg readings apart from power and torque gains.

I will be sending the ECU of a good friend of mine who owns a 4.6 P38 to RPi to have it chipped and I will post the results here. But this will not be done for at least another month.

Take care Pantelis Giamarellos LAND ROVER CLUB OF GREECE

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Pantelis,

Mark Adams Does all the ECU work for RPi Engineering.

Go directly to Mark, you get the same good product without all the nonsense salespitch.

You'll probably save RPi's mark up too.

Mark also trades as Pharmhouse Marketing.

Alan M.

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Alan thanks.

I will contact Mark of course.

On the other hand the paying client wants and is willing to pay for the RPi name and will be buying a complete kit of ECU chip tuning, SS exhaust and cats and more freely flowing air filter.

But thanks again for letting me know about Mark

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos