Name and Shame Insurance Companies

We are all getting ripped off left right and centre with finance, insurances, credit cards mortgatges, car loans etc..when you apply for something, get a new car who reads all the small print not many i bet...... Obviousley Paul xxx is so bloody perfect he probably spends his time travelling round supermarkets buying cheapest of everything but spending more in petrol than he saves in his shopping..

With an attitude like his he probably works for credit company or some other rip off company.....

Unemployment insurance on loans and credit cards etc are an even bigger rip off, people pay for it and its nearly impossible to get a pay out when you lose your job......

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Right guys and girls I have had enough - I am only going to deal with fact in this e-mail:-

I took out Insurance for my Series 3 with Sureterm. The quoted me £150 , pay a deposit of £60 and the rest over easy installments, they mumbled at the time there would be a charge for credit. So I start to pay £17.17 per month, I hadn't really taken notice of the said letter in regards to insurance or credit charges. So on the 19th of January I sold my Series 3, phoned up the insurance company cancelled the Direct Debit afeter asking if I owed anything further (they said "No") and thought nothing more of it.

This morning gets a letter saying they want this months payment. So I phone up Amber Credit and they say I am still liable for the whole year. I phone up Sureterm - yes I am liable for the whole year but they will do a refund. Work these maths out:

Cost of Insurance £150.

Amounts I have paid:-

£110.42 in monthly instalments and deposit £87.82 refund given on the insurance £50 I still owe

That makes the insurance £248.24 for the year. That is a scandal. Why am I paying for a product I no longer want nor have? BEWARE Sureterm were the cheapest on the quote but when the Credit and Adminsitration charges are added they were the most expensive.

Yours

Andrew Renshaw

Andrew Renshaw composed the following;:

It seems it's you that's in the wrong, then.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Agreed Paul - but there is no mention of how much the Credit Charge is only the 27.9% interest. Which is high. However, they also levy a charge for you paying the instalments over 12 months and that amount is not mentioned anywhere.

Andrew Renshaw

Andrew Renshaw composed the following;:

So you took out a gredit agreement without checking, then moan that they're acting shamefully. Sorry, but again, you're wrong. If you were so worried you'd have checked when they "mumbled at the time there would be a charge for credit". If you didn't check this then it's you that ought to stop moaning and simply pay the people. You were hapy to try and get their insurance cover as cheaply as possible.

So it's high, so don't pay it, stop trying to get something for nothing then whinging when it backfires on you 'cos you didn't check the small print.

See above.

All you post is absolutely exactly why there are so many dimwits are being ripped off. If you bothered to do just the tiniest bit of reading and research then you probably wouldn't be having to moan about it. Get real, and take responsibility for your own actions.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Dear Paul

Remind me to put you on my list of people I never want to meet - how obnoxious.

Andrew Renshaw

Better than television this, were on a Landrover newsgroup and not even a mention of landrovers the story so far... A vicar gets ripped off by his insurance company the caretaker enjoys rubbing it in the vicar has a go at the caretaker who brings in his mates from the caretaker club to discuss playground uses and early retirement and at the end of the day the vicar is still a ton down..... Excellent!!!

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Andrew Renshaw composed the following;:

Aaaahhhh wassamarra???? Posted a whinge and didn't get the tea and sympathy you wanted? Spare me the sanctimonious bullshit, you were hoisted by your own petard.

I guess I'm all cut up you don't want to meet me, that's your prerogative, but it's your loss too .. ;)

Have fun.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

"Andrew Renshaw" wrote in news:PYMOd.883$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe3-win.ntli.net:

I went through something similar when I insured a second vehicle prior to selling it.

It was explained to me that the bulk of the cost is in setting up the agreement, which I have to accept.

I suppose you could take it up with the insurance ombudsman, or whatever he is called, as being unfair terms in the contract, but it would probably be a waste of more of your time.

Insurance companies, like publishers, pimps, and the purveyors of small boys, work to a code of ethics which is a mystery to the rest of us. Others, equally upsetting, just have no manners and think it is smart to be rude. With luck, they will grow out of it.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Whey hey! A good flame war to read upon my return!

No handbags at dawn eh lads, everyone is wrong, always.

Insurance companies make huge profits from people not reading the bit that says "oh, by the way, we're not only an insurance company/broker, but we're also a loan shark", we in turn think we're getting a good deal and sign it without reading the full terms. As a small point of order, the Consumer Credit Act states that it should be clearly stated the cost and total amount of the borrowing (credit), in other words, it should be broken down, and not hidden, the cost of the insurance, the cost of the credit and the term. Then it should tell you the total cost.

Should these details not have been made clear, the OP would have a good case to claim in the Small Claims Court. Could also be worth taking to Trading Standards. Mind, the time taken to do so and the potential costs may not make it feasible as time and costs may not be remunerated - but on a point of principle... (Magistrates love these type of cases, adds some interest to an otherwise boring Court list!).

Reply to
Mother

Ah, that's my mother-in-law you'll be thinkin' of there then...

Tis a Yorkshire thing and anyone who really thinks they're hard enough to challenge her on it is quite welcome to the thick-ear she's likely to give them...

Reply to
Mother

That explains it all ! My school caretaker was a grumpy old git aswell!!!!!!!!

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

I've insured several Land Rovers with Sureterm for several years. They've always charged exactly what they said they would and been utterly efficient.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Yes Tim,

In this instance though my Insurance has cost me £100 more than they quoted because of credit and administration charges.

I think they need to get masks and hoist the jolly roger..

Andrew Renshaw

Adrian Ford composed the following;:

Nope, hardly use supermarkets. :) We mostly walk 100 yards to local shops and have three 'farm shops' within a mile of us. Plus we grow a lot of stuff ourselves. We do travel to the butchers, but then, we generally buy a whole side of beef at a time .. ;)

Nope, I'm a school caretaker, after retiring from engineering.

Which has nothing whatever to do with some pillock taking out credit and not knowing what he's paying for, then whinging that he didn't get a sympathetic reply.

;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Mother"

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Adrian Ford composed the following;:

Maybe, but at 45 I reckon it's as near as retirement as I want, right now, and I've not been doing it long. :)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

On or around Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:30:42 -0000, "Paul - xxx" enlightened us thusly:

someone suggested to me that it'd be the ideal job for me...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Provided, of couse, the caretakers office has a 4meg broadband connection with newsgroup access...

;-)

David

Reply to
rads

rads composed the following;:

In my case the school has broadband with a Wireless hot-spot close enough, 10 metres, to my Bungalow for good response times and excellent download speeds .... ;)

Not for newsgroups unfortunately... though as that's a text medium, I don't mind really.

Reply to
Paul - xxx