P38 Brake Wierdness

Morning all.

Brakes most of the time are excellent, and seem to function as they should, eg ABS pump runs first at start up for 30 - 40 seconds then shuts off. Subsequently runs after every two or three pedal presses.

However, if I've been driving for 10 - 20 minutes without using the brakes. First time I press the pedal, I get a much longer travel, and an odd click through the pedal just before the brakes com on. Next time I press the pedal everything is back to normal.

Not done any diagnosis yet, but thoughts where I should be looking would be gratefully received.

David

Reply to
rads

Hi,

I would check for play in the wheels....sounds like you might be kicking the pads out which is something a bad wheel bearing will do - I know the P38a hubs are different, but the theory is the same....

Reply to
Neil Brownlee