P38 Air Suspension

Hi Can anybody help, can i pump up the suspension on my range rover without the engine running. The suspension has gone flat and the engine will not run so it has to come out but you cant pump up air bags without the engine running "or can you" i hope someone knows how????????????? Cheers Dave P

Reply to
Dave P

No reason why not. You'll need a compressor cabable of hitting 150 psi (10 bar) & a connector push fit etc with a non return valve for each spring. You could do it through the valve block but why bother. Just disconnect each spring from the valve block in turn to inflate. Your biggest problem with probably be it needs resetting after you sort it all out.

Nige

Reply to
Nige

bar) & a connector push fit

block but why bother. Just

problem with probably be it

Thanks Nige

i was hoping that it was possible to inflate the system using the compressor on the car , with a bit of clever wireing maybe. Ta

Dave P

Reply to
Dave P

is the compressor not belt driven off the engine? You could find a big electric motor and run it off that!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Compressor is electric, but I think don't think it runs without the engine on.

This site has an enormous amount of P38 EAS info, and a forum with genuine EAS experts.

There are bypass "get you home" kits you can buy to allow manual inflation of the system from a tyre inflator.

David

Reply to
rads

Compressor is electric on the P38, i suppose you could run it from a battery

Reply to
Nige

Just running the compressor won't do you any good as you will need to control the compressed to the springs air via the valve block as well.

I'm intriuged to know why you need to pump the suspension up to take the engine out though.

Cheers, Chrisall.

Reply to
chris

Hi Chrisall

the only reason i need the suspension raised to to gain a little more access to the underside of the car as i am only working in my garage on the floor.

cheers

Dave P snipped-for-privacy@chrisallmark.com wrote:

Reply to
Dave P

Hi David

A couple of realy good links CHEERS i will follow the instructions and this should get what i need.

Many Thanks

Dave P

rads wrote:

Reply to