P38a: fuse 11 and transfer box in neutral

The owner's manual for my diesel P38a says that if you insert a fuse into the empty Fuse 11 slot in the fusebox under the driver's seat it will force the transfer box into neutral. I guess this is intended either for some servicing procedure or as an additional security device. Either way, when I put a fuse in slot 11 the appropriate "Transfer Box in Neutral" message appears on the screen but the vehicle still drives normally.

Should I be puzzled?

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Mawson

The owner's manual for my diesel P38a says that if you insert a fuse into

As far as I remember this is for towing the vehicle in the event of a breakdown and maybe it still drives as an override feature just in case you forget to take out the fuse later. I don't think you should be driving it like that though normally, might do some damage! Martin

Reply to
Oily