Passenger window sticks

Disco S1 1993 3door.

The passenger window sticks on the way down and jams on the way back up. I have removed the door panel and had a look at the rusting remains of the regulator unit. What is supposed to hold the glass into the strip, just gravity? or is it supposed to be crimped against the glass?

The front end of the strip is very rusty and has started to fall apart, can you buy just this part or do you have to buy a complete regulator unit.

Thannks

Tony

Reply to
Tony

There's a rubber strip that, when the glass is pushed into the lift channel, will clamp it very effectively.

MUC2322 Window Lift Channel - Front Doors - Range Rover Classic/ Discovery I 200Tdi £17.62 inc VAT

MUC2325 Rubber - Window Lift Channel - Front Doors - Range Rover Classic 4-Door/Discovery I 200Tdi £1.94 inc VAT

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd