PDA mount in a defender?

Anyone mounted a Pocket PC in their defender? if so how? I'm looking at either a vent mount or suction mount so I can use my GPS properly, but I'm wary about buying anything unseen as the dash on a defender ain't like normal cars, and no where local actually stocks any for me to look at.

Cheers

Stu

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

Try a Brodit mount, very good quality I think the url is

Dave

Reply to
Dave H

I use an Akron mount in my Freelander. It comes with windscreen and vent mount. You also get a plastic disc that you stick to the car and attach the screen mount to that. The only problem I have is that I can't get the sucker off the screen (not that I've tried that hard). I can't remember the model number, but its the version which has a powered speaker so you can hear the voice nav over the engine, radio, road, missus. It also charges the PDA and has an additional USB charger port and direct 5v dc out jack. The speaker isn't Bang & Olsen, but its okay for what I need.

I got mine from Spotlight Guides Middelsborough, but I can't remember the website. All in, came to just under 52 quid.

Hope it helps.

Reply to
R101

GPS Warehouse

do a range. I have one which is a bit bulky but it's from a modular system, so you can choose the cup, arm and cradle to suit.

Mine is a RAM. David

Reply to
David French

I've got the one made by TomTom, comes with the 12V adaptor, and a variety of fixings. I've gone for the one that sticks to the windscreen using a sucker. Works great.

H.

Reply to
Hadyn

Seconded, I use a Brodit with my Ipaq and it's a very solid fit.

Malcolm.

Reply to
balloons

I had this problem to solve over the Xmas period, I fitted my Nokia 6310 (using Nokia car kit) and iPAQ Navigtion System (iNS) to my defender.

I went for a simple ally plate that runs vertically where the radio in up market County models goes. I bent it so that I could screw the top into the underside of the dash (no visible holes) and the bottom was bent to hook under the black plasctic trim on the lower dash.

I used the iNS mount bracket screwed to the vertical plate, works just fine. If you haven't got the Navman style GPS jacket, then you could use the standard iPAQ sleeve to attach the iPAQ to the vertical ally plate.

I guess a picture is worth a 1000 words, so if anyone would like a photo let me know.

E-mail me at simon at hay-1000 dot demon dot co dot uk

cheers

simon

Reply to
postmaster

snipped-for-privacy@knot.clara.co.

Ooops, sorry just noticed that you didn't mention iPAQ only PPC, so this solution may not work for you..

cheers

simon

Reply to
postmaster

Also, try checking out

Probably not very useful if you already have a solution, but a very good option if you're just looking for one.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown