Where to mount Sirius Stratus radio in 97 Mazda B4000 (Ranger)

I recently installed two Sirius Stratus recievers, one in my 2004 Explorer and one in my 97 Mazda B4000. Installation was not difficult at all. I'm especially proud of the installation in the Explorer -- not a wire showing anywhere -- mounted the Sirius on the bottom apron of the console below the A/C controls and it looks almost built-in.

The B4000 is another story. Right now, the Sirius receiver is mounted on a vent mount on the a/c vent on the far left end of the dash where it's accessible only by the driver. I've been looking for another place to mount it so it's more centrally-located.

97 B4000, 5-speed, 4WD.

In the bottom center of the dash -- in front of the gearshift stick -- are two drop-down openings, one is the ashtray, the other is the cigarette lighter. I don't smoke so I use the ashtray to stash extra fuses and other small stuff. I'm thinking about using the adhesive mount that came with the Sirius and sticking it on a flat part of the lower dash just above the cigarette lighter. The receiver looks like it would be accessible by driver or passenger, would not interfere with the stick, and would not hit the driver's right knee.

I'l be interested to hear if anyone else has mounted a Sirius receiver in a Mazda B-series or Ranger and where you put it.

Thanks.

Reply to
Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names