ping beamends

Hi Richard, just sent you a PM, please check your system to make sure its not blocked it. if poss I'd like the seal sent out today. Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

Richard did say he was going to stop using afl as much, might be worth ringing him, I normally find that works better than any other method!

-- To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with rotten floor 200 TDi DIsco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Cheers simon for the info, but I'm afraid I've had so many problems contacting him, I have kind of given up hope. If someone has a web site with email address etc as he has, I expect a reply within a few days, not for my mail to disappear into his junk folder for no good reason (nothing personal against Richard, just an over zealous spam filter). Maybe he should add a contact form on this site, to ensure people can contact him by bypassing the normal email route. Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

of course that should have said "on his site"

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew T.

On or around Fri, 29 Jun 2007 03:03:45 -0700, "Andrew T." enlightened us thusly:

I can usually get replies to emails, but then perhaps I'm on the whitelist. However, I've almost always got a reply by phoning the mobile number on his website.

Including yesterday afternoon, about 4:30 for a spot of advice about whether I needed to replace the bit[1] I left out of the disco front axle... thanks Richard.

BTW, I did order stuff at the same time, in case anyone thinks I was just using him as a free advice service

[1] doing swivel bearings, when bolting the stub axle back to the housing I forgot the big ring with 6 holes in it. Apparently on early ones this had tabs for bending up to lock the bolt heads, which have now disappeared leaving a plain steel ring that does more or less nothing. Theory is that they left it there so as to avoid having to test the thing again without it.
Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin Shackles" wrote ...........

For whatever reason they put it there the outside diameter is close to the inside diameter of the disc and will probably be effective in keeping the bulk of the crud away from the hub seal and bearings when offroad.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

I fear so. Smokey pubs lost their attraction years ago and I doubt I will suddenly rediscover them now.

Pub (rather than trendy bar) keeping has always been a marginal existence and I suspect when things have settled from this one we will discover we have a lot less of them.

Meanwhile the 'for your own good' mob will have banned scuba, caving, motorbikes, shooting antique guns and driving off road and then, paradoxically, tell me I ought to get out of the house more. Maybe I should become a 'hobby terrorist' - nothing political or religious about it. As a physicist at least my bombs would go off on time and, as I wouldn't want to hurt members of the public, I would go straight for the politicians and bureaucrats that need keeping on their toes and aware that they are really accountable for what they dump on us.

nigelH That should trigger some silly security jobsworth's word search program.

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt

Andrew,

Too latee, my wife company have been told that one of their lorries will not be able to go into the london congestion charge area from next year as it too old and emits too much CO2.

regards

nemo2

Reply to
me2

Once past a certain age, doesn't that no longer become relevant? IIRC that applies to MOTs but I wouldn't put it past daft ken to "know better".

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Best answer to the CC zone is to buy the CC exempt 5.0 V8 Lexus 'hybrid'. Either that or a V8 110 SW with more than 8 seats. Don't you just love a nice joined up policy!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

If I'd registered my pinz as a minibus, I'd have been able to drive the 2.5 tonne 13.5 MPG monster into the zone for nowt using the bus lanes! Thankfully I don't live near or work in London though.

Not sure if it has to be registered as a minibus or just have more than 8 seats for the congestion charge or bus lanes, might be able to do it even now.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

"Austin Shackles" wrote............

What's all this 'they'll be out of pocket'? No chance, it'll be passed on to us in another form. They've got to balance the books.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Woe betide the country if our fellow Brits become terrorists, forget the comedy muslims, they can't even strike a match properly. The Irish were a damned sight more effective, I think it's probably something to do with spending their time learning useful stuff other than daft fables. Plus of course if you're looking for suicide bombers you'll only end up with the failures anyhow, so greatly reducing the chances of success --- strapping a bomb to a walking fuckup isn't going to help matters.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On or around Mon, 2 Jul 2007 23:06:47 +0100, "Oily" enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah... "we". not "they".

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:10:35 +0100, Ian Rawlings enlightened us thusly:

do it, it'd be worth it even if you only do it once!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Given that it'd cost me over £60 in fuel and 6 hours of my life I think I'll give it a miss!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Hehe, just read this one on the beeb, might cheer you up a little!

"A vicar who lit his pipe in a Kent police station as a protest against the smoking ban has failed in his attempt to get himself arrested.

The Reverend Anthony Carr, of East Peckham, walked into the station in Tonbridge, asked to report a crime and then started smoking."

Reply to
Ian Rawlings