Ping oh Purple one.

On or around Fri, 01 Jul 2005 14:14:07 +0100, Steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

where did you get "can't go on the site?" I got the impression that you could book it for a club event.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Looks like it is set up for organised corporates, club events etc. They appear not to want pay and players, and having been to a few of those I don't blame them! Insurance and the like must be a nightmare, not to mention having to deal with the punters.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Anyway, meant to say .... I'd be interested. God knows whether I'll have a 101 to turn up in, or the dosh to get the petrol (two MoT's, three car taxes and a wedding in one month - bad idea!).

But an AFL meet away from the madness of Billing or the other shows would be a splendid way to waste a weekend.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Fri, 01 Jul 2005 18:19:52 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

They do or did have a monthly turn-up-and-play day, though ISTR they want pre-booking for it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

We had that too, a bit of sorning and a 6 month licence spread things nicely.

Absolutely.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Don't EVER use Ebookers.

Steve, returned from 4 hours at the airport trying to get ticket.

Reply to
steve Taylor

Can you check ?

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:27:52 +0100, steve Taylor enlightened us thusly:

I've fired off an email to see what the score is for hiring the site. Probably pricey, but you never know.

Other alternative would be to book and turn up one month, if it tied in OK with what everyone was doing, assuming they still do that.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

K Quads are happy to have us, which is nice. Its a family run place, on a farm, lots of variety in the terrain, with a lovely boggy forest/woody bit, complete with malaria probably. Its 130 acre site, with something like 30 acres of 4x4 space AFAIK.

This is from the note they have just sent me:

"We can certainly accommodate you for a weekend. Current prices are £20 per vehicle per day & camping is £7 per pitch per night. But I've just spoken to the other partners & I persuaded them that we could reduce it to £30 per vehicle for the whole weekend if you wanted to use the site for the both days as you are a group & I presume there will be quite a few vehicles present. We could also maybe give a slight reduction on the camping fee. If you do decide to book, a holding deposit would be appreciated"

Which sounds pretty fair - I'll take Bob the 101 for another test drive and get some more ideas if anyone likes the idea

When we have the 101 unofficial County Durham meet, we do a day of greenlaning stuff, and a day of mucking around at the offroading place. Can we get a native guide ??? Austin ?

So it depends on people committing to an event and paying a holding deposit

Steve

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

On or around Fri, 01 Jul 2005 21:48:01 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

I hear that the site may be closed on account of the new defra rules. Mind, I thought defra had backed down on the motorsport thing.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'd be up for it with Mrs D and the Kids pretty much anywhere in Wales.

*** Bottom line is the date really. ***

It's peak annual leave season at work... and I'm taking my fair slice too all be it touring France and Spain with t'Disco and Caravan. The other geezer who covers my role has got to take a shed load of leave on account he's retiring then restarting ...very complicated but means I'm buggered for time off :-(

I'm just looking for the right excuse to get the 101's tow bar re-enforced to the chassis rails too to tug our caravan. Come the worst if it's play time I'll tug it with the Rangie on account of the Disco having underslung LPG tanks and being the pride of the fleet (Don't want it dinking or bending just yet).. Percy is minus an exhaust and a few hours work.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

How about autumnal rather than late summer, say early October ?

Let me know if you need it welding.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Can probably do 14th 15th and 16th but need to know PDQ to sort out the 16th as a day off :0)

I would like to fabricate some sort of bracket to clamp arounf the chassis. I understand some have sandwiched something between the Bump stop and the chassis. Then have a removable trailing arm from each chassis rail to the existing (fixed to the step bracketry) towbar...ala...

This is actually a Series II/III type drop plate welded backwards to the existing step hindge bracket.

I don't want to run the risk of similar towbars shearing the two fixing bolts to the step hindge as seen at the last Co Durham meet... looked painful and expensive / time consuming to fix.

I'm also quite attached to our Caravan :0) and would like to stay that way.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Fine by me. Anyone with any problems with that ?

The one Mike D. made for mine has a piece of angle iron welded between the chassis members, then two little sections come down from that. When the tow hitch drop plate is attached, it has two struts which bolt to the sections. Its 6 M15 bolts to fasten it in.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

Just remains for a price for the weekend confirmation of if this inc's camping (with the caravan).

I'm up for it. May be worth starting a new thread given many would have stopped reading at the 101 Ratios query.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Done !

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor

ZF 4 speed, rangie, transfer ratio as is, but not the Borg Warner transfer crap - not heavy duty enough for a 101 with a 4.6

Work out the ration you need with this:

The only thing I'd do different is put better oil cooler hoses on, rather than engine fire creating temp ones ;-)

Standard Bowden cables.

Yep.

HIF44 SUs with BAC needle set.

Feel free, coggee always on :-)

Wales and Blackpool huh? I'm not a great fan of Blackpool, used to go every year for the Magicians convention - it gets a bit dull after a while. Wales is nice - even nicer in the last 18 months IMO, too :-)

8-25-33-35-38-40

Hope this gets to you in time...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 04 Jul 2005 13:39:56 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

ISTR the ZF in the discos has the LT230 T-box, and thus would make a better donor.

Mind, ISTR the RR 4.6 has the borg warner T-box, and they seem to work...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They're great - for a rangie...

Now I'd think they'd struggle with a revved-up 4.6 pulling 4.5 Tonne of purple grannie frightener... ;-)

Reply to
Mother